U.S. Air Force - Agency Wide SECRETARY (OFFICE AUTOMATION) in Whiteman AFB, Missouri
This position is in the Air Force Global Strike Command.
The mission of the Air Force Global Strike Command is to develop and provide safe, secure and credible combat-ready forces for nuclear deterrence and global strike operations to support the President of the United States and combatant commanders.
WHO MAY APPLY: Click here for more information on eligibility categories and the documentation requirements. You MUST have one or more listed eligibilities to be considered. Eligibility claims must be supported with required documentation submitted within each application package to be considered. Transfer and Reinstatement eligibles must provide their most current SF-50, AND SF-50 reflecting the highest grade held if different from your latest SF-50. Air Force is not responsible for erroneous eligibilities you list or fail to list.
Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service. For additional information, click here.
Internal Employees (Air Force Employee - Current Permanent Competitive Service Career/Career-Conditional Employee and Current Permanent AF DCIPS Employees with Reinstatement Rights to the Competitive Service)
Current Federal Employees (DoD Transfer - Army, Navy, DFAS, etc.--Excluding Air Force)
Former Federal Employees (Reinstatement)
Military Spouses - Appointment of Certain Military Spouse (EO 13473)
DoD Transfer (Army, Navy, DFAS, etc.--Excluding Air Force)
Schedule A Individual with Disabilities - click here for additional information
Former Overseas Employees
ICTAP (Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program)
Federal Employees (Non-DoD Transfer - OPM, VA, Dept of Labor, etc.)
Status Candidates (Other Appointment Eligibilities, TSA, FAA, Postal, etc.)
VEOA (Veterans Employment Opportunity Act)
30% Disabled Veterans
- The primary purpose of this position is to serve as the principal office assistant performing various clerical and administrative duties in support of the organization, performing office automation support using multiple automated programs and software in support of the clerical and administrative work.
- Prepares a wide variety of recurring and some non-recurring correspondence, reports, and other documents and reviews and finalizes correspondence/documents prepared by others in handwritten or electronic drafts.
- Reviews and processes incoming and outgoing correspondence, materials, publications, regulations, and directives. Receives telephone calls, greets visitors, and ascertains the nature of the calls or visits.
- Maintains supervisor's calendar, coordinates meeting arrangements, and schedules meetings and/or conferences. Performs other clerical and administrative work in support of the office/organization.
- Uses multiple office automation software with varied functions to produce a wide range of documents that often require complex formats, such as graphics or tables within text, presentations, editing and reformatting electronic drafts, and updating or revising existing databases or spreadsheets.
- Not Required
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
Federal Employees, Veterans, Individuals with a disability, Military Spouses, and Former Overseas Employees. See Job Summary for further information on “Who May Apply”
Questions? This job is open to 4 groups.
- U.S. Citizenship Required
- Applicants must meet the OPM typing requirement of 40 words per minute
- Must be registered for Selective Service, see Legal & Regulatory Guidance
- This posn is subject to provisions of the DoD Priority Placement Program
- Must be able to obtain and maintain an appropriate security clearance
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: At least one (1) year of specialized experience at the next lower grade (GS-04) or equivalent. Specialized experience must include: knowledge of duties, priorities, commitments, policies, and program goals sufficient to perform non-routine assignments, such as independently noting and following-up on commitments made at meetings/conferences; advising others on preparing correspondence, requirements for various reports, and interpreting new instructions and procedures; or locating and summarizing information from files and documents that requires recognizing which information is or is not relevant to the problem at hand; knowledge of standard office equipment, such as electric/electronic typewriters, copiers, fax machines, and office automation systems, to perform a substantial range of office automation support.
To view qualifying educational requirements and/or combination of education and specialized experience click on the following link:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
- Knowledge of extensive rules, procedures, operations, functions, and commitments applied to secretarial and clerical assignments to perform the procedural and administrative work of the office, such as screening calls and visitors, maintaining supervisor's calendar, preparing, reviewing and editing documents, locating and assembling information for various reports, maintaining files/records, and making and preparing travel arrangements.
- Knowledge of correct grammar, spelling, punctuation, capitalization, and format to accurately prepare and edit written correspondence and reports.
- Knowledge of various office automation software programs, tools, and techniques to support office operations and produce a variety of documents such as letters, reports, spreadsheets, databases, and graphs.
- Skill in typing; a qualified typist is required.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE*:*Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
ARE YOU USING YOUR EDUCATION TO QUALIFY? You MUST provide transcripts to support your educational claims. Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying.
ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT*:*
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a secret security clearance.
Q - Nonsensitive
What To Expect Next
Once your application package is received an acknowledgement email will be sent.
If you provided an email address, you will receive an email message acknowledging receipt of your application. Your application package will be used to determine your eligibility and qualifications for consideration. If you are determined to be ineligible or not qualified, your application will receive no further consideration.
To check the status of your application or return to a previous or incomplete application, log into your USAJOBS account, select My Applications, and click on the more information link under the application status for this position.
If you do not provide an email address, you are responsible for checking status updates and notifications in USAJOBS. Hard copy notifications will not be sent to you.
The Department of Defense offers an excellent benefits program. In addition to your take-home pay, click here for an overview of benefits currently offered to Federal employees.
Direct Deposit: All federal employees are required to have direct deposit.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP): For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible click here. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 80 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Employed Annuitants (Reemployed Annuitants): Applicants in receipt of an annuity based on civilian employment in the Federal Service are subject to the DoD Policy on The Employment of Annuitants. Click here for more information.
90-Day Register: This announcement may result in a 90-day register that may be used to fill like vacancies for 90 days after the closing date. Applicants may be referred for consideration as vacancies occur.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/474482400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 2017-07-17 to 2017-07-21
Salary: $32,995 to $42,899 / per year
Pay scale & grade: GS 05
Series: 0318 Secretary
Appointment type: Permanent
Work schedule: Full Time
Job announcement number: 4K-AFPC-1987457-999902-DJ
Control number: 474482400