St. Mary's Good Samaritan Social Worker Case Manager in Wentzville, Missouri
Completes social service assessment upon admission while immediately focusing on discharge planning and follow-up care. Individual, group and family therapy, education, and plan of care will be ongoing throughout the continuum of care. This position participates in a multidisciplinary palliative care team. Completes and updates medical records pertaining to case management and authorizations.
- Drives the psychosocial assessment in identified time frame and immediately begins discharge planning upon admission.
- Directs daily individual, group and family therapy according to the unit/program schedule.
- Coordinates discharge planning arrangements to skilled nursing, residential and rehabilitation facilities, while completing all required documentation.
- Updates relevant patient information within medical record on a daily basis to assist treatment team in coordinating care plan.
- Joins with other disciplines, reviews comprehensive patient/ family treatment plan.
- Collaborates with physicians and other health care professional regarding patient plan of care and intermediate care goals within proposed time line.
- Reviews and evaluates discharge planning on all clients while scheduling follow-up appointments.
- Interview patient / family members, obtain a complete initial social history.
- Performs all other duties according to entity policies/procedures as assigned.
- Masters Social Work (MSW) or other related field.
- 1 to 3 years of experience.
Organization: SSM Health St. Joseph Hospital – St. Charles
Primary Location: Missouri-Wentzville-SSM Health St. Joseph Hospital – Wentzville
Job: Behavioral Health
Shift: Day Job
Req ID: 17012719