Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Enterprise Applications Director - SAP
Savvis, which merged with CenturyLink in July 2011, is an outsourcing provider of managed computing and network infrastructure for IT applications. By outsourcing to Savvis, enterprises can focus on their core business while Savvis ensures the quality of their IT infrastructure. Leading IT organizations around the world have selected Savvis to help them improve their service levels, reduce capital expense and deal with the rising costs of bandwidth, energy, real estate, staff and expertise. As a pioneer in utility computing, Savvis understands and harnesses the latest advances in technology such as virtualization, cloud computing and support process automation.
The Sr. Director of Enterprise Applications will work across the entire Savvis organization to ensure that we have alignment across each geography, vertical and practice area as pertains to our Enterprise Applications Practice Area. This leader will be accountable for revenue growth and assurance, market research and strategy, and business solutions for enterprise IT buyers.
The Sr. Director, Enterprise Applications will develop the go-to-market (GTM) strategy, identify required resources, and manage and lead these resources, augmenting with direct involvement and advocacy, to ensure the enterprise applications business achieves its revenue, bookings and profitability goals. The initial focus will be on SAP related services, but will grow into other packaged enterprise applications.
The position will require working closely with our sales team, clients, vendors and business partners, as well as our Product Management, Product Development, Operations, Service Delivery, and Engineering teams to develop scalable and sustainable products. An emphasis is placed on delivering highly competitive, cost effective products that meet the needs of the growing enterprise managed hosting market.
Position Objectives and Essential Duties:
* Build in-depth GTM strategy that outlines the target market segments, services, products, value proposition, differentiation, marketing strategy, partners, pricing strategy, etc. for our offerings.
* Define Managed SAP GTM strategy and specific solutions, promotions/programs, and sales support to ensure product success in the marketplace
* Perform competitive analysis for our offerings, build gap closure plans and execute those plans to improve our competitive position in the market place.
* Work with key clients, prospects and sales teams, to develop an understanding of our customers’ needs and translate them into action plans. Actions may include new product development, existing product enhancement and new promotional activities.
* Identify 3rd Party alliances and channels as needed to penetrate markets and grow the Managed Hosting business
* Maintain solid working knowledge of industry trends and competitive landscape for the IT Service sector in which SAVVIS operates.
* Collaborate with regional Sales Executives to develop in-country business development plans, and to define go-to-market strategy and business pursuit criteria.
* Work with Service Management on the ongoing customer lifecycle, ensuring that organizational resources are made available to Client Service Partners and Program Managers in a manner that is meaningful to their government clientele.
* Interface with Offer Development and Corporate Counsel to develop ongoing procedures for the effective transition of client contracts from pre-sales to post-sales ownership throughout the revenue lifecycle.
* Work with Finance teams to structure Enterprise Applications Practice Area financial reports that drive better understanding of the government business and profit models.
* Lead contract negotiations at crucial stages of the business with the internal business partners
* Drive visibility of Savvis in the market through public speaking, customer engagement, and social media outreach.
* Develop marketing campaigns and revenue programs for release through the field marketing organization.
* Develop partner/alliance strategy to fill gaps and create market ecosystems.
* 15 years of experience with IT and Telecom sector
* Minimum 10 years in IT product/solutions/services management and/or marketing role
* Minimum 5 years in working with and building SAP solutions with experience in one or more of the following: HANA, Business Suite, Business Warehouse, Enterprise Portal, Process Integration and Solution Manager
* Matrix management experience
* Proven negotiation, drafting and analytical skills with superior oral and written communication skills
* Demonstrated ability to work efficiently, prioritize workflow, meet demanding deadlines, and manage projects in a fast paced sales environment
* Creative problem solver who works well in a collaborative team environment
* Excellent writing and oral skills for customer communication and marketing collateral
* 5 years of experience at SAVVIS or similar service provider
* Strong grasp of technology concepts that underpin IT infrastructure and the IT service provider market.
* Ability to condense and prioritize contractual commitments into business-relevant implications and actionable plans
* Minimum 5 years in IT service provider environment
* ITIL training and certification
* Project management certifications (PMP, Project+, etc)
* Agile Development Process
Education or Equivalent Experience:
* Bachelors Degree in Business Administration or related field or equivalent experience
* Masters Degree in Business Administration or related field or equivalent experience
Town And Country, Missouri, United States