Washington University of St. Louis WashU IT in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of WashU IT - End User Services. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
*POSITION SUMMARY: *
Under moderate supervision, provides support of desktop computer systems and other technology-based systems for University staff, faculty and students. Desktop support provides technical support for computer operating systems, software, hardware and networking. This level requires a broad understanding of all standard enterprise office technologies to effectively support customer technical needs. This is a Tier 1 high volume call center position.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Desktop support: Provides daily support for the computing desktop; including operating system, software installation and maintenance, and hardware. Respond to assigned tickets. Evaluates, prioritizes, resolves problems and requests, or escalates to appropriate support areas. Acts as the front-facing support liaison for all desktop-related support issues. Provides support documentation for Tier 1 Service Desk. Collaborates with higher level technical areas on planning and issue resolution. Prioritize work load to appropriately respond to customer needs and demands. Acts as a liaison between customers and senior technical staff.
- Project facilitation: Complete tasks associated with projects or activities that relate to the desktop support environment, such as system upgrades, system integration and system administration.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School plus 2 years desktop support in an enterprise environment, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience supporting all standard office productivity applications and computing platforms in an enterprise environment.
- Ability to understand, be accountable, and complete assigned tasks associated with projects. Such as system upgrades, system integration, and system administration.
- Strong customer service skills, including written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize work load to appropriately respond to customer needs and demands.
- The employee is expected to provide support documentation for Tier 1 support staff.
Degree in a field of study with desktop support experience in an enterprise environment.
The hiring range for this position is $20.36 - $25.94 per hour.
Offers made for this position are contingent upon the successful completion of all required pre-employment screens, including a criminal background check, hair sample drug screen, and verification of required professional licenses, registrations, or certifications.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please visit our website at http://hr.wustl.edu to view a summary of benefits.
Applicant Special Instructions
Ability to work on call; ability to travel to on- and off-campus locations.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Technical Support Specialist - WashU IT - End User Services - 37034
Job ID: 37034
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time