Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Job Number: 167034
Category: A - Immediate/Urgent Need
Description: Essential Functions
Under moderate supervision, the person in this position is responsible for the administration and support of servers, storage and computer systems. This position entails moderately complex data center activities. Such activities include hardware installations, server setups, error analysis and resolution, and ensuring user satisfaction by providing preventive maintenance, analysis of system requirements and existing business processes, and troubleshooting and quick resolution of problems.
Under supervision monitors, documents and operates Data Center equipment. This includes monitoring applications with ZEKE, HP-SIM, Backup Exec, AUTOSYS, WhatsUp Gold and Process Scheduler. Mounting tapes, operating printers, quality control, media distribution, and completion of required daily logs. Communicate with Data Center customers and reset passwords.
Assist in assembly of server equipment. Document Data Center floor plan and power distribution.
The hours for this position are 1:00pm to 9:30pm, Monday through Friday. Flexibility will be needed to assist operations with 7 x 24 coverage for vacations and illnesses.
- Respond to and resolve problem alerts for data center equipment, operating
systems and server backups
- Install and configure new server hardware and storage hardware in the data center
- Install and configure new Windows server operating systems using predefined instructions.
- Install and administer VMware, Windows, and Storage Area Networks (SAN). These duties may require research, planning and determining correct configurations.
- Other duties as assigned, including operator duties, monitor Data Center environment, printing checks, and monitoring backups.
- Associates degree or equivalent technical education
3 years of experience in an IT organization supporting operating system software, network protocols and server backup technology.
High school diploma (or GED)
5 years of experience in an IT organization supporting operating system software and network protocols.
- Experience with Microsoft Windows
- Experience with Symantec Backup Exec
- Technical aptitude
- Ability to effectively communicate technical issues
- Ability to adjust to changes in priorities
- Ability to work with minimal supervision with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to new circumstances
- Good organizational skills
- Excellent language and people skills
- Must be flexible and willing to work extended hours as necessary and recognize the need to do so
- Ability to adjust scheduled time
- Experience in higher education
- Experience with VMWare ESX Server
- Experience with Symantec NetBackup
- Experience with storage area networks
- Experience with server operating systems
Requirements: Belcan is a leading provider of qualified personnel to many of the world's most respected enterprises. We offer excellent opportunities for contract/temporary, temp-to-hire, and direct assignments in the technical, IT, professional, clerical, and light industrial fields. We are the employer of choice for thousands worldwide. Our overriding goal is to provide quality staffing solutions that help people, organizations, and communities succeed. Belcan is a team-driven Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. For more information, please visit our website athttp://www.belcan.com.
Location: St. Louis , MO
Minimum Experience (yrs):
Required Education: Not Specified
Return to search results Email this job to a friend
If you have previously registered with us, pleaseLog into apply for this position.
*Logged in members may also add jobs to their job cart