HealthSCOPE Benefits, Inc. Sr. Data Analyst in St. Louis, Missouri
Sr. Data Analyst Position Code: 1014
Department: DataSCOPE Location: St. Louis, Missouri Immediate Supervisor: Allen Moore Status: Exempt Posted: July 17 2017
Essential Functions of Job:
• Establishes and maintains professional rapport with peers, other HSB departments, clients and brokers.
• Designs, develops, validates and maintains organized analytics (DataSCOPE) regarding healthcare risk factors, quality and compliance measures, utilization data and financial data for all supported lines of business
• Designs, develops, validates and delivers comprehensive data analysis and reporting services that support client health initiatives based upon the specifications provided
• Prepares DataSCOPE presentations that communicate complex analysis and findings in a simple, concise and interpretable manner to provide a thoughtful, action oriented approach to improving performance and outcomes
• Creates written narrative summaries that outline findings, trends of interest, opportunities for intervention or consideration, changes or shifts in data elements, etc. to compliment DataSCOPE reporting
• Champions DataSCOPE reporting initiatives and actively promotes the benefits of self-service reporting solutions through one on one training sessions and interactions
• Develops and maintains accurate, well-written documentation of reporting standards (policies), inventories, specifications and client utilization tracking for DataSCOPE and other recurring reports
• Develops and maintains systematic reporting processes and procedures to ensure timely delivery of DataSCOPE and other recurring reporting packages based on defined frequencies
• Proactively identifies issues and opportunities to enhance data management and reporting through detailed and high-level problem solving to ensure consistent delivery of world-class services to HSB staff, clients and brokers
• Recommends and implements procedural and data flow changes to increase the accuracy, effectiveness, and efficiency of products and services delivered by the Data Analytics team
• Collaborates with Account Management, Sales and other business units to regularly review and redesign DataSCOPE reporting solutions to maintain high quality, impactful services with consistency in content, presentation and delivery
• Collaborates with IT Data Services team members to design, develop, implement and maintain databases, data collection systems and other strategies that optimize statistical and reporting efficiency and quality
• Performs periodic reviews of various data sources to ensure data is accurate and complete
• Assists in the day to day assignment of service requests and tasks and ongoing capacity management of Data Analytics team
• Maintains and applies knowledge of current trends, practices and developments in managed healthcare
• Supports the development of the Data Analytics team through regular interactions and knowledge sharing exercises; leads team planning sessions to review and develop recommendations for enhancing HSB’s analytical methodology, data source availability, reporting standards, etc.
• Handles complex data requests and serves as a subject matter expert (SME) to other members of the Data Analytics team.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities and meet tight deadlines
• Ability to report to the office
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Accounting, Computer Science, Finance, Mathematics, Statistics or other quantitative discipline; Master’s degree preferred. Experience considered in lieu of degree
• Effective organizational and prioritization skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to communicate complex technical information to a non-technical audience
• Basic to intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
• Knowledge of common database architectures and how to extract and transform complex datasets
• Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel (pivot tables, graphs, macros, lookups, etc.) and SAS Enterprise Guide, SAS Office Analytics or Base SAS (writing and troubleshooting queries, extracting and transforming data, etc.)
• Strong interpersonal skills with ability to function as a positive team member
• Ability to think creatively and collaboratively to address complex problems and make good decisions as part of an interdisciplinary team
• Detail-oriented professional who is resourceful, self-motivated, confident under pressure and comfortable working in a fast-paced, data-driven environment
• Manage multiple projects and prioritize work tasks to adhere to deadlines and identified timeframes
• Demonstrated understanding of medical terminology (ICD10, CPT, etc.) in clinical informatics and healthcare research settings is desired
• Knowledge of HIPAA and other relevant privacy regulations is preferred
• At least five (5) years of progressive experience in data analysis, reporting and executive-level presentation development; healthcare claims data analysis or managed care experience is highly preferred
The Company considers applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, religion, mental or physical disability, marital status, age 40 years and over, sexual orientation or gender identity, veteran's status, or other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Applications for this vacancy will be received for 3 working days after the Posted date from Employees of HealthSCOPE Benefits with more than one year of service.
Applications for this vacancy will be received for 10 working days after the Posted date from External Applicants.