SSM Health Registrar - DePaul Orthopedic Institute in St. Louis, Missouri
Create an environment that leads to a positive patient care experience by demonstrating an ability to work and communicate effectively and accurately with people of all ages. Assure accuracy for all business office functions related to demographics, insurance verification, financial counseling and account collections for all patient encounters. Demonstrate effective communication / interpersonal skills, both written and oral. Exercise good judgment and serve as a liaison between patients, physicians and all other participants of the health care team.
- Creates a positive patient care experience by greeting, preparing, exiting and following up with patients for providers according to established competency guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Creates an atmosphere of teamwork by contributing to opportunities to improve employee and customer satisfaction, including self- development, continuing education (personal and technical), and achieving department objectives and passport goals.
- Provides support, both expected and directed, and collaborates with physicians and multi-disciplinary care team(s) for Best Care / Best Results. Assures accuracy of data collection and reporting for Quality Initiatives.
- Maintains accountability for maximizing revenue capture and growth while optimizing cost savings. Communicates opportunities for organizational growth and improvement.
*SSM Health will implement a new minimum wage of $11 per hour throughout its four-state system which will take effect in January 2017. This job is one impacted by this increase. Learn morehere *
- High School or GED plus accredited medical office related education or a minimum of one year equivalent job experience preferred.
- Minimum 1 year ambulatory or physician office experience.
- Proficient in various office products and computer programs.
Req ID: 17009052
Primary Location: Missouri-St. Louis-SSM Health Medical Group - 12255 DePaul Drive
Schedule: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Schedule Hours Per Pay Period: 0800-1630
Normal work hours: 80
Job: Administrative, Clerical
Organization: SSM Health Medical Group Business Office
Posting: Jul 17, 2017, 2:11:25 PM-Ongoing