Precoat Metals Quality Engineer in St. Louis, Missouri
Since 1961, Precoat Metals (www.precoat.com) has been setting the standards in the coil coatings industry worldwide. We are committed to this level of quality in both our product line and customer service, and focus our resources on investigating and implementing new coil coating technologies, developing unique coatings, ink and film systems, and designing multifaceted prints while reducing the cycle time to market. We are able to achieve this "culture of excellence" thru the hard work and talent of the people on our team.
Join our growing Quality team at our St. Louis, MO plant. The selected Quality Engineer is responsible for product quality analysis and identifying system improvements for the plant. The person in this position follows up to ensure business results have been statistically improved and sustained.
Establish programs, policies and procedures to evaluate precision, accuracy and capability of processes, products, production equipment and testing, measurement, and analytical equipment and facilities.
Supports the plant’s Food Safety program and Quality Management Systems
Responsible for the Wet Section process area, including process control and establishing maintenance practices.
Support the development and implementation of the corrective and preventive action system, internal non-conformance, and audit findings.
Responsible for Spec Metrix and other technology introduced into the plant.
Driving the acceptance and adoption of change into previously independent operating units will require a measured, win-win approach.
Marshaling and motivating individuals without a direct reporting relationship.
Implementing structured analysis process into complex on-demand problem solving.
Competencies: 1. Intellectual Horsepower – Deal with concepts and complexity comfortably; strong analytical capability. 2. Business Acumen – Knowledgeable in current and potential future policies, practices, trends and information affecting the business and organization. 3. Interpersonal Savvy – Build constructive and effective relationships, uses diplomacy and tact 4. Planning – Accurately scopes out length and difficulty of projects, develops schedules 5. Organizing – Can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; arranges files and information in a useful manner 6. Systems Management – Can design practices, tools, processes and procedures which allow monitoring and management at a distance; can impact people and results remotely
The selected candidate will have a B.S. in Engineering or a minimum of 5 years experience with quality/continuous improvement in a manufacturing environment. A demonstrated experience with Lean Manufacturing and/or Six Sigma.
- Must have demonstrated ability to apply strong reasoning skills for problem identification and resolution and to understand the appropriate application of statistical and business improvement tools to achieve and sustain business results.
- Must possess effective collaboration skills to motivate and influence others at various levels without a direct reporting relationship.
- Must have experience in quality control program operations, to include standards & measurement techniques.
- Ability to apply quality control theories and principles to an operational environment.
- Must demonstrate an effective communication skill/style to present complex ideas in a compelling and comprehensive manner.
- Must demonstrate ability to work independently and is self-driven.
- Excellent computer experience using MS Office suite, including MS Project and Visio.
We are an equal opportunity employer. M/F/Disabled/Veteran.
Precoat Metals is a Drug Free Workplace.