Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Mechanical_Senior Engineer (120)
Location: St. Louis, MO
Employment Type: Full Time
Description: The St. Louis office is seeing an upturn in work from our Fortune 100 clients in the chemical food and beverage, consumer products, and oil refining business. They are expanding plant capacity and adding infrastructure. This work will involve specifying equipment, coordinating general equipment arrangements, and following the equipment through to purchasing. This engineer will be working on a project team with other engineering disciplines toward a successful project.
Duties: * Provide strong leadership to drive mechanical technical design and project coordination.
* Attend Client and Internal Team meetings.
* Manage Project Schedules and Budgets as well as provide weekly reports communicating project status, issues, and needs.
* Specify vessels, pumps, exchangers, rotating equipment and other process equipment.
* Review vendor documents for compliance to project specifications and industry standards.
* Prepare equipment datasheets, full mechanical equipment and system specifications. Perform technical and economic evaluations, bid tabulations, and prepare recommendations. Perform equipment inspections on a limited basis where needed. Perform economic feasibility and operating studies.
* Prepares manhour estimates for new work.
* Provide mentorship for engineers including training.
Qualifications: * Work background in one or more of the following industries Refining, Chemical, Power or Food.
* ASME Code knowledge for pressure vessels and piping systems is required.
* Some background in heat exchangers, rotating equipment, and materials is required.
* Ability to lead a group of engineers, and designers on assigned projects. Strong communication skills required to provide effective inter-discipline coordination on projects, and project department communication.
* Must be available for field assignments involving travel to sites which involve work in industrial facilities were climbing, working in tight and high places is required.
* Strong attention to detail and capable to perform detailed technical document and drawing checking. Position requires significant exposure to vendor document review, detailed assessment of vendor design accuracy and specification compliance.
* Computer Skills: MS Office with working knowledge of AutoCad, and Microstation.
Years of Experience: 10 years
Certifications / Licenses: PE License preferred