Washington University of St. Louis Cardiothoracic Surgery in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery. The position is located at St. Louis Children's Hospital. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Position performs secretarial duties such as typing medical dictation, preparing spreadsheet/report formats, filing, etc.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Types reports, agendas, and other documents using PC-based software for scheduling, spreadsheet analysis, budget/finance reports, clinic statistical data, etc.
- Transcribes medical documents such as letters, correspondence, medical record notes, nurse’s notes, and manuscripts
- Maintains medical records and notes
- Answers telephone, takes messages, and forwards to appropriate persons
- Maintains daily appointment schedule for visitors and patient office visits
- Maintains file system, including retrieval, copy, and disposal of files
- Maintains memberships, societies, licensures, and curriculum vitae
- Coordinates programs such as residency, student clerk-ship work-study services, and interoffice clerical functions
- Assists administrative/physician staff during peak times, vacations/illnesses
- Greets visitors and routes incoming mail
Equivalent of high school diploma with 2 years of experience in healthcare/medical-related office setting
- Ability to type and use various software packages, set up spreadsheet/report formats, and working knowledge of medical terminology
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills; proven decision-making skills and ability to work independently
- Working knowledge of general office equipment and computers (specifically Microsoft Office)
The hiring range for this position is $13.75 - $17.19 per hour.
Retirement Savings Plan
22 vacation days
8 Paid Holidays
Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
Free Life Insurance
Health, Dental, Vision
Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
Long Term Disability Insurance
Flex Spending Plan
Med School HR website (medschoolhr.wustl.edu)
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Medical Secretary II - Cardiothoracic Surgery - 37071
Job ID: 37071
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time