Washington University of St. Louis Cardiology in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Internal Medicine, Cardiology Division. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Provides skilled laboratory animal care and technical assistance to a variety of laboratory research animals.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs animal care husbandry duties, maintaining cleaning schedules as established in standard operating procedures.
- Assists in admission, quarantining and conditioning of various species, especially dogs, cats, primates and farm animals.
- Performs technical duties such as taking body temperature, pulse rate, respiration rate and monitors food intake.
- Calculates dosage and administers drugs and solutions as directed by attending veterinarian.
- Keeps detailed records on clinical evaluations, diagnostic tests, therapeutic regimens and prepares, operates and maintains veterinary diagnostic equipment.
- Submits billing charges for per diem animals.
- Orders feed and other supplies necessary for daily operation of the facility.
- Performs routine physical plant maintenance.
Equivalent of High School diploma with 3 years experience in laboratory animal care and AALAS certification.
- Ability to provide skilled laboratory animal care and technical assistance.
- Able to provide nursing care to post-surgical animals, recognizing physiologic abnormalities.
- Able to establish and maintain breeding colonies for a variety of laboratory animals.
The hiring range for this position is $12.33 - $15.66 per hour.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please visit our website at http://hr.wustl.edu to view a summary of benefits.
Applicant Special Instructions
- Animal lab facilities, working both indoors and outside during various weather conditions.
- Heavy manual labor.
- Exposed to a variety of animal species and hazardous agents.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Laboratory Animal Technician - Cardiology - 37282
Job ID: 37282
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time