Washington University of St. Louis CAM in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the CAM - Gastrointestinal Center. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
This is a student intern role. Performs select administrative and certain clinical duties under the direction of a licensed healthcare professional; administrative duties may include scheduling appointments, maintaining medical recods, patient billing, and coding medical information for insurance purposes; clinical duties may include taking and recording vital signs and medical histories, preparing patients for examinations, drawing blood, and providing medical attention as directed by physician or nursing staff.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides clerical and administrative support, including answering phones, setting schedules and meetings, typing documents, filing, and back-up support for others. Prepares treatment rooms for patient examinations, keeping the rooms neat and clean; cleans and sterilizes equipment, instruments, rooms, etc. and appropriately disposes of contaminated supplies.
- Interviews patients via phone or in person to obtain medical information or schedule various activities; creates, updates, and coordinates various medical records and files.
- Interacts with patients providing various routine information such as explaining treatment procedures, medications, diets or various pre-established instructions to patients.
- May perform routine laboratory tests and sample analyses.
- May show patients to examination rooms and prepare them for the physician.
Critical Skills and Expertise: Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing (experience in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint preferred), managing files and records, and other office procedures and terminology; abilities with verbal and interpersonal communication skills to communicate with patients and family members of patients; healthcare environment experience desired.
High school diploma or equivalent.
- College or medical assistant school training or some college preferred.
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing (experience in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint preferred), managing files and records, and other office procedures and terminology.
- Abilities with verbal and interpersonal communication skills to communicate with patients and family members of patients.
- Healthcare environment experience desired.
The hiring point for this student intern role is $12.00 per hour.
Offers made for this position are contingent upon the successful completion of all required pre-employment screens, including a criminal background check, hair sample drug screen and verification of required professional licenses, registrations, or certifications.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please visit our website at http://hr.wustl.edu to view a summary of benefits.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Patient Care Associate (Trainee) - CAM - Heart and Vascular Clinic - 38260
Job ID: 38260
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time