Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Title: Quality Engineer II - St. Joseph, MO DC
Location: US-MO-St Joseph
Under general direction and within division policies and procedures, designs, develops and implements test and statistical process control procedures to achieve quality specification for all manufacturing processes.
· Design, develops and implements sample techniques, control charts, prato diagrams and any other aspects of SPC.
· Design or acquire tools or devices necessary for the control of processes and implementation of lab test procedures.
· May acquire, design or have fabricated any equipment necessary to perform process control or laboratory procedures.
· Instructs and coordinates all employees involved in the development and/or implementation of SPC.
· Accumulate, organizes and implement all data generated through process control techniques or laboratory analysis.
· Communicates all relevant data, charts or reports in a timely manner.
· Uses and understands any computer equipment, i.e. software, hardware and programming language as it applies to development of quality assurance or quality test procedures.
· May develop criteria for acceptable quality levels of supplied materials and coordination with suppliers for SPC implementation.
· Audits and analyzes process procedures as practiced in-house to assure performance to specifications.
· Supervises any special project as assigned by Quality Manager.
· Conducts metallographic analysis of grids, straps, posts and HV welds, cured or steam cured plates.
· Interface with customers. Conduct on-site analysis and implement corrective actions.
· Overtime is required to meet internal and external customer requirements.
· Perform any other duties as assigned.
Note: This job and all other duties performed under this job description will adhere to all Federal, State, and Local environmental regulations, as well as any additional plant specific environmental management system requirements (see the plant’s ISO 14001 EMP).
· -Bachelors degree, preferably in Engineering, with statistics and at least 2 years quality control experience.
· -Experience in TS16949 standards and facilitating continuous improvement using formal quality methodology and tools.
This job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent may be required to perform other related duties.