SSM Health Cook II in St. Charles, Missouri
Under general supervision of Executive Chef or Productions Manager and/or Cook II Lead, performs duties to meet customer needs for all cold food service operations in safe an attractive manner.
- Promotes Exceptional patient, physician, and customer satisfaction by assuring Exceptional overall customer experience through accurate and attractive food production, and in oversight of preparation, presentation, and recipe compliance. Notifies immediate Supervisor immediately of customer concerns, taking action to remedy where appropriate.
- Demonstrates Exceptional Commitment Safety by following all HACCP guidelines including but not limited to: operating, sanitizing, and using precautions for food service equipment according to established procedures including knife sanitization and handling; following labeling, dating, storage and rotation guidelines for food products; inspecting for inventory deterioration; and preparing and using chemicals properly.
- Contributes to Exceptional Financial Performance by participating in Culinary training, maintaining pertinent inventory levels necessary equipment, and other related items while assuring reduction of waste and sharing cost saving ideas with department leadership.
- Demonstrates Exceptional Financial Performance by monitoring and communicates needed food supplies to maintain required level of inventory on hand. Maintains food costs by monitoring waste, utilizing leftovers and ensuring recipes are followed.
- Demonstrates Exceptional Stewardship by planning food production for the next day as assigned by pulling products from freezer and checking on any pre-preparation necessary. Maintains clear communication with service areas to ensure product availability and quality at all times.
- Demonstrates Exceptional Commitment by accurately preparing all hot food according to recipes, at specified service times according to standards of quality presentation.
- High School or equivalent (GED) preferred but not required. Read, write and understand English.
SSM Health St. Joseph Hospital - St. Charles is a 433-bed hospital offering highly-specialized care for critically ill patients. The hospital excels in many areas, including open-heart surgery, cardiac catheterizations, trauma and emergency services, sleep medicine, obstetrics, surgical services, oncology, vascular surgery, orthopedics and gastroenterology.
Req ID: 17011906
Primary Location: Missouri-St. Charles-SSM Health St. Joseph Hospital – St. Charles
Schedule: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Schedule Hours Per Pay Period: varied
Weekend Rotation: every other
Normal work hours: 80
Job: Support Services
Organization: SSM Health St. Joseph Hospital – St. Charles
Posting: Oct 12, 2017, 10:32:20 AM-Ongoing