Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Works independently with minimal supervision, or in a group, participating in ESD .NET development and support activities. Possesses the foundational knowledge required to understand and impart to others, the technical requirements of the job. Must be well organized and results oriented.
Skills and Knowledge
* Experience working independently on a project to a successful completion
* Experience participating in a development project with others, as a lead member
* Thorough understanding of current IIS and .NET Framework
* Development experience using one or more of the following:
* Technical writing experience in one or more of the following areas:
* Functional Specifications
* Project Charter
* Proof of Concept
* User Documentation
* Data base entity diagrams
* Through research, continuing education and/or relevant Microsoft certification, demonstrates interest in staying current technologically and advancing his/her skills
* Bachelor�s degree in CIS, Software Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent experience
* 3 to 6 years of technical experience in web application development
* 3 or more years of experience with Microsoft web development tools
* Team participation as either a member or a leader, remaining focused on the team goal
* Assists others, helping them to meet their goals
* Expresses one�s ideas effectively and actively participates in group discussions
* May provide training or technology update sessions for teammates
* Responds to basic inquiries
* Communication skills verbally and written to include formal presentations
* Communicates work status frequently
* Documents code changes
* Answers complex questions
* Seeks additional information to perform assigned duties
* Defines project specifications for submission to ESD .NET Manager
* Adheres to specific instructions provided by ESD .NET Manger
* Complies with all relevant standards, i.e. coding, documentation, testing, etc.
* Will make decisions related to assignments and priorities
Influence and Leadership
* May be required to present topics formally in a meeting environment, to the team and/or management
* Will provide guidance in routine or familiar tasks
* Participates in peer code reviews
* May be assigned responsibility for policy and/or standards review and proposing updates
* Acts pro-actively to identify and resolve problems, minimizing their impact
* Chooses from established alternative approaches to find a solution
* Suggests ways to improve work methods and procedures
Responsibility and Accountability
* Follows established policies, procedures, and standards
* Provides accurate work estimates to ESD .NET Manager
* Adheres to schedules set by ESD .NET Manager
* Work is reviewed by peers
* May be assigned multiple projects at the same time
* Reports to ESD .NET Manager
* Responsible for successful deployment of applications to target web servers
* May be assigned to mentor less experienced developers
* May serve as a project technical lead
* Typical office setting with environmentally controlled conditions.
* Able to work extended hours as business needs dictate.
* Occasional overnight travel required.
COMPANY CONFORMANCE STATEMENT
In performance of their respective responsibilities, all employees of Jack Henry and Associates are expected to:
* Complete quality work within deadlines.
* Interact professionally with other employees, customers and suppliers.
* Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
* Communicate and coordinate work efforts with other employees, customers and suppliers.
* Perform other duties as assigned.�
* Attend work regularly based on the assigned schedule.
Jack Henry & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.