Siemens Project Manager in Springfield, Missouri
Job Family: Project Management
Division: Power and Gas
Business Unit: Dresser-Rand
Requisition Number: 210567
Primary Location: United States-Missouri-Springfield
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 20%
Siemens sets the standard for excellence in power generation, transmission and distribution, and provides innovative customer solutions – from utilities, to industrial space, to oil and gas companies. Siemens’ portfolio includes power plants and power-generating equipment, turbines for use as mechanical drives, compressors for industrial applications, power transmission and distribution systems, smart grid applications, and related instrumentation and control systems.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/power-and-gas.htm
The Project Manager is an entrepreneur for the duration of the project and is responsible for ensuring that the technical and commercial project targets are met
according to the business target agreement. The end to end process of the projects include the design, production, installation and comissioning phase as well as
the duration of the warranty and projects needs to be run according to the PM@Siemens process. Project Manager is responsible for projects from handover
until the project warranty period expires. Applicants are expected to handle multiple projects simultaneously. In this position the Project Manager will execute
projects for rotational equipment part of the Compressor group within the company with networking in a multinational environment. The position reports to the
Head of Project Management for the local Springfield business.
· Full profit & loss (P&L) responsibility for the projects assigned.
· Prepare schedules and maintain to keep actuals on a monthly basis.
· Prepare and release financial forecasts for each project in conjunction with commercial PM.
· Represent the project toward the customer, consortium partners and business managers.
· Provide courteous and efficient customer service to clients in regards to schedules, materials, requests for information or claims.
· Internal order management and coordination with other Siemens factories and 3rd party suppliers in networking with procurement group.
· Schedule field services according to project schedule.
· Support technicians at site with documents, technical support, and part requests
· Manage customer and site technicians troubleshooting requests.
· Report on a monthly basis the project status to local management and to global management on a quarterly basis.
· Manage claims with clients and suppliers in coordination with legal and claim management resources.
· Look for ways to increase revenue and margins of the project portfolio.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
· Minimum of 5-8 years project management experience in related field and successful demonstrations of key responsibilities and knowledge as presented in
the section above
· BS/BA in Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial Engineering or MS in Project Management or related fields.
· Ideal candidates will have end to end project management (examples of fields include construction, engineering, IT)
· Must be willing to travel domestic and internationally.
· Demonstrate effective delegation of tasks and responsibilities with multifunctional personnel.
· Great negotiation skills.
· Demonstrated skills with MS Excel, Word, Project and Power Point.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
· Proficiency in SAP or other ERP software in order to track project finances and materials.
· Spoken and written Spanish and/or German fluency.
· Familiarity with rotating machinery, oil and gas, wastewater, or chemical industries.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .