Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
KCN Customer Accounting Analyst
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Saint Louis, MO
Last Updated: 03/12/2013
Department: Technical Services
Reports To: KCN Systems Project Manager
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
The Accounting Coordinator will provide accounting systems support, accounting systems configuration assistance, accounting audit coordination, and training for KCN Accounting Customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Independently develop chart of accounts recommendations and configurations within standard systems guidelines for new or existing KCN customers
• Gain a strong understanding of customer standard reports for recommended reconciliation data work flows.
• Provide in house or onsite training to KCN customers at customer facilities nationwide on the use of KCN accounting systems products
• Provide in house or onsite reconciliation / balancing research and solutions to KCN customers at customer facilities nationwide
• Independently develop customer transition project workplans for new and upgrade installations of KCN accounting technologies
• Assist regional technical coordinators as they introduce and configure KCN accounting technologies at customer sites
• Train KCN operations staff when new accounting technologies and/or upgrades are introduced
• Assist in call center ticket escalation for accounting service issues as needed
• Perform pre-project, during-project and post-project customer financial assessment reviews
• Complete 30 day, 90 day, year-end customer financial assessment reviews – assist client with questions, discrepancies, additional training / guidance, etc.
• Other duties as assigned by the KCN Systems Project Manager
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Four year Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting / Finance or equivalent work experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Must be a self-starter who can work well with people at all levels both in and out of KCN Organization and the correctional facility in a professional manner.
• Ability to work in a correctional environment.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to define problems and resolve them quickly.
• Ability to work well with ever changing priorities and or situations.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Ability to work independently or within a team.
• Strong understanding with computers (including Microsoft Office programs).
• Ability to travel on business as required.
• Must qualify for and maintain ability to receive correctional facility security clearance
• Must pass drug screening test
• Must pass credit and background check
• Ability to travel
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.