Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Provides direct supervision in the design and maintenance of systems for acceptable availability, stability and response time to customers and employees.� Systems include, but are not limited to, data center, network, operating system, product development, mail server, applications server and groupware.�
* Oversees the specification, configuration, installation, and maintenance of systems (LAN, WAN, Internet and/or data networks).
* Oversees the implementation of system enhancements (software and hardware updates) that will improve the performance, security and reliability of the system.
* Ensures systems are monitored for optimum performance and availability.
* Performs advanced troubleshooting of customer and internally-reported system problems.
* Evaluates hardware and software systems for compatibility with existing systems and recommends products for use based on functionality and value to the organization.
* Oversees implementation of projects based on the needs of users and management.
* Implements and monitors corporate security policies.
* Ensures system procedures, policies and events are documented and implemented.
* Participates in on-call 24x7 support rotation.
* Oversees activities required for effective system backup and restore testing.
* Ensures periodic DR testing is conducted.
* Performs supervisory duties such as writing performance appraisals, mentoring and coaching employees, and serves as an escalation point for difficult issues, questions, etc.
* High school diploma or equivalent required.� Bachelor�s degree preferred.
* Minimum of six years of experience in a related field; or
* An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
* Previous leadership experience preferred.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
* Supervises daily activities of employees doing the same or similar tasks. Responsible for coaching and discipline of employees. Assists subordinates with difficult inquiries or problems. May perform duties of the actual job along with subordinates. Has problem-solving capabilities and a demonstrated advanced knowledge of field.
* Strong knowledge of IT concepts and principles.
* Strong communication and customer interaction skills.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Able to design and architect IT infrastructure solutions.
* Able to evaluate and recommend sound technology solutions.
* Able to troubleshoot and resolve customer problems in a timely manner.
* Use of Anti-Virus software in an enterprise environment
* Working knowledge of Security Information and Event Management Solutions
* Configuation and Implementation of Host-based intrusion detection systems�
* Data center environment with below normal temperatures.
* Able to work extended hours as business needs dictate.
* Able to work flexible schedules to cover various shifts.
* Able to lift 75 lbs.
* Occasional overnight travel required.
COMPANY CONFORMANCE STATEMENT
In performance of their respective responsibilities, all employees of Jack Henry and Associates are expected to:
* Complete quality work within deadlines.
* Interact professionally with other employees, customers and suppliers.
* Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
* Communicate and coordinate work efforts with other employees, customers and suppliers.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Attend work regularly based on the assigned schedule.�
Jack Henry & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.