Honeywell Sr Health & Safety Administrator in Kansas City, Missouri
Sr Health & Safety Administrator
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
Assists HS&E management with special assignments and strategic projects involving a wide variety of technical or operational improvement functions, and develops, coordinates, and directs the implementation of special technical or operational management initiatives.
Develops and manages activities and programs directed toward preventing accidents, eliminating health and safety hazards and achieving compliance with current health, safety, and environment (HS&E) regulations and Department of Energy (DOE) laws and directives.(i.e. Management of Change, Risk Assessments)
Summary of Duties:
- Directs and facilitates HS&E projects, technical and/or operational efforts, including the application of sound management techniques to reduce costs and improve operations.
- Functions as a divisional project lead, which may involve responsibility for coordinating some of the work of specific individuals and providing direction to them in connection with divisional projects.Coordinates the technical or operational efforts of management, including evaluation of technical or operational objectives and programs to determine compatibility with HS&E directives.
- Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements within the HS&E division in efficiency of services performed.Utilizes best-practice and innovative processes to define, coordinate, and implement procedural changes to assure cost-effective operations throughout the division.
- Provides any necessary support to new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements within the HS&E division in efficiency of services performed.Assists management to define, coordinate, and implement procedural changes to assure cost-effective operations.
- Serves as a liaison between the department(s), other HS&E technical disciplines, and DOE.Obtains interpretations of codes, standards, state, federal and city regulations, and DOE Laws and Directives provided by these organizations.Develops and implements HS&E programs and other plans to ensure departmental operations conform to these regulations.
Presents and explains HS&E records to auditors as necessary to verify program compliance with required guidelines.(i.e., Command Media)
20 Risk Management processes
20 Site compliance reviews
20 Provides technical assistance
20 Implements HSE&F standards
20 Drives standard work
You Must Have:
- Associate’s degree required
- US citizenship in order to obtain and maintain US Dept of Energy "Q" level security clearance
- Seven years work experience in technical, project management or supervisory experience required with detailed knowledge of HS&E related activities.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical knowledge and experience.
- Ability to work independently, guide the work of others and understand strategy and how to develop strategic plans.
- Must possess good communication skills in one-on-one situations and group settings with excellent writing skills.
- Highly effective organizational, interpersonal, communication, writing and group leadership skills are required.
- Must have effective, proven ability in decision making, problem solving, and influencing others.Certain positions within this classification may require a particular expertise or knowledge.
- Functional expert in a primary specialty with substantial subject matter experience.
Must be a US Citizen due to contractual requirements.Exempt How Honeywell is Connecting the World
- Job ID: req93962
- Category: Health, Safety & Environment
- Location: ., Kansas City, MO 64147 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.