Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Bayer CropScience (BCS), a subgroup of Bayer AG is one of the world's leading innovative crop science companies in the areas of crop protection, non-agricultural pest control, seeds and traits. The company offers an outstanding range of products and extensive service backup for modern, sustainable agriculture and for non-agricultural applications. Bayer CropScience has a global workforce of 20,700 and is represented in more than 120 countries. Technology Administration We offer a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefit programs. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will be eligible for an array of innovative rewards and recognition programs, variable pay and incentive opportunities as well as benefits coverage beginning on your first day of employment. We are committed to helping our employees maintain a healthy balance between their responsibilities at work and home. You will be eligible for paid time off programs, paid company holidays, flexible work options and numerous site conveniences. We are also committed to supporting your professional development through career ladders, training programs, tuition assistance and professional association events.
If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, we encourage you to explore how you can make a difference at Bayer by applying now.
To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes. The primary purpose of this position is to develop and/or assist in development of project objectives and scope by analyzing customer requirements and producing sketches, drawings, written descriptions or specifications for customer approval. Will develop a detailed project scope, schedule, and cost estimate with support from other engineering disciplines. Will secure approval of the scope, schedule and cost estimate by management. Will prepare or direct the preparation of Appropriation Requests (AR) or Authorization for Expenditures (AFE) for submittal.
The incumbent will:
• Ensure compliance with engineering standards, engineering procedures, plant safety standards, pressure safety design and environmental standards on all projects. Initiate and participate in project safety reviews;
• Estimate human resource requirements and negotiate with engineering management to secure the resources for a project;
• Coordinate the development of detailed construction drawings and specifications with other engineering disciplines. Observe and coordinate supporting engineering disciplines to meet quality, schedule, and cost requirements;
• Specify or guide specification and purchase of major equipment and piping items. Approve and/or seek approval from Engineering management of all purchase requisitions for the project;
• Manage and report project progress and costs to the customer and Engineering management. Submit monthly status reports to Engineering management;
• Write specifications, gather drawings and specifications from supporting disciplines and develop discipline index records for issue to construction contractors. Develop a Contracting Plan with Engineering management and the Construction Department. Obtain quotations, tabulate and select the contractor to perform the work;
• Aid construction of the project by communicating safety, industrial hygiene, and other procedures to the contractor, interpreting engineering documents when unforeseen events arise, and expediting materials to the construction site;
• Assist in plant start-up by consulting with process and plant personnel. Serve on the project start-up team when assigned;
• Complete and document projects by finishing punch list items, reconciling actual project costs with estimated costs, and managing collection, publication, and archival of essential project records via file consolidation and microfilming;
• Prepare and review submittals of technical information to federal, state, and city regulatory bodies regarding effects of Bayer projects;
• Guide less experienced engineers and student interns and, when required, supervise consultants and peers working in a supporting role on projects;
• Recommend new standards or procedures and prepare such documents as assigned;
• Participate on corporate and divisional committees as assigned by management.
Note: Salary and grade level will be commensurate with experience and/or education level. The selected candidate is required to possess the following:
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or related science or equivalent experience; and a minimum of 2 years’ experience in process measurement and applications in a manufacturing environment;
• Broad technical background, excellent knowledge of the chemical processes in order to effectively analyze, recommend and make complex decisions;
• Ability to lead and manage a team as well as work independently;
• Ability to manage and successfully execute capital projects including development and presentation of project scope, cost estimating, budgeting and scheduling;
• Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communicate skills in both technical and non-technical areas;
• Intermediate computer skills.