TRC Companies Pipeline Integrity Engineer in Kansas City, Missouri
Experienced, motivated Engineer needed to support leading consulting firm's pipeline integrity management practice. The incumbent should be experience in pipeline integrity management concepts/techniques for both liquids and natural gas pipelines. A primary consideration is familiarity with Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and application of their capabilities to pipeline operations and integrity management. Experience with pipeline risk assessment methodologies is also required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead pipeline integrity related projects supporting TRC clients.
- Provide engineering support for integrity projects including risk analysis, MOP/MAOP calculations, liquids and gas HCA determination, material review and selection, anomaly remaining strength determination, etc.
- Serve as technical resource to clients in reviewing current integrity programs and recommending additions/changes to these programs.
- Evaluation of integrity assessment results to determine criticality, remaining life, repair requirements, and other mitigation options.
- Aid clients with design and implementation of integrity assessment projects, including inline inspections, hydro testing, and direct assessment.
- Monitor and review federal, state, and local regulatory changes and provide written and verbal interpretation/explanation to clients.
- Utilize knowledge of GIS in the design and development of data systems and software applications supporting pipeline integrity management.
- Apply GIS expertise to Pipeline risk management efforts.
- Aid clients with risk system implementation and provide system support over time.
- Develop written and verbal training materials covering pipeline integrity related topics. Utilize these materials in TRC developed training programs for the pipeline industry.
- Aid clients with development of written integrity management program materials such as company integrity management plan documents.
Provide fitness for service reviews as required.
Bachelor's degree in Engineering.
- Professional Engineering License is preferred.
- 7+ - 10 or more years pipeline integrity management experience or equivalent.
- Experience with and good understanding of GIS concepts and their application to pipeline integrity management -- particularly risk assessment.
- Expertise with different pipeline risk assessment methods, with emphasis on relative ranking and quantitative approaches.
- Good communication and computer skills including familiarity with the various Microsoft Office productivity tools.
- Working familiarity with relevant federal, state, and local pipeline integrity regulations.
- PHMSA Have a good understanding of (Relative & Quantitative) as it applies.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Kansas City, MO - KNC