NBH Bank Part Time Teller in Kansas City, Missouri
JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The following sets forth the primary responsibilities of this job, but is not an exhaustive list. The Bank, through its managers and supervisors, reserves the right to assign any additional duties necessary to meet the needs of our clients, associates and/or shareholders.
- Responsible for delivering the Client Experience by providing excellent client service with each interaction while performing routine banking center and client service duties.
- Introduce clients to and refer new products and services, and generate leads for other members of the sales team to close.
- Achieve specific sales and service goals while balancing operational duties to ensure transactions are handled accurately and efficiently.
- Receive, verify and pay negotiable items and cash for deposit, credit payments and collections.
- Receive commercial and consumer deposits, verify correct cash amount and endorsements and issue receipts without supervisor verification up limits as assigned by your position level.
- Place holds on deposits for uncollected funds and complete all basic transactions for lobby and drive-up clients and demonstrate basic proficiency with our systems.
- Daily balancing of your drawer within the established teller difference policy.
- Protect all client and bank information, and follow Customer Privacy and Information Policy & Procedure for communication with clients, vendors and associates.
- Responsible for adherence to bank’s operational compliance, audit and security policies and applicable state and federal laws.
- Maintain current knowledge and consistent compliance with regulations and bank policies and procedures related to the position, including but not limited to Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) and Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) requirements.
- Interact with others (co-workers, management, clients, and vendors) in a professional and tactful manner including treating them with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
EDUCATIONAL KNOWLEDGE AND/OR PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:
Required: This position requires the following educational and/or job experience:
High school diploma or equivalent
Strong client service skills
minimum 6 months of cash handling experience
Associate’s degree or higher
Bilingual language skills
Previous bank teller experience
minimum 1-2 years of relevant job experience
SKILLS AND ABILITIES: The following is intended to give an overview of the requirements of the position, but is not an exhaustive list.
Effective written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills; demonstrated ability to speak effectively to internal and external clients.
Strong attention to detail and ability to complete work accurately.
Client service driven; responsive to client issues and concerns.
Ability to think logically in order to analyze situations, and make sound decisions.
Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
Capacity to work with multiple computer and software systems.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as cash back, and percentages.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The following is intended to give an overview of the work environment of the position, but is not an exhaustive list.
Work hours may vary based on the Banking Center hours of operation.
Standing for extended periods of time.
Must be able to work at a rapid pace for long periods of time (typically no longer than 8 hours).
Must be able to push, pull, pull up, bend, lift at the knees and waist, twist body at the waist, raise and hold arms overhead, turn head-neck-shoulders as needed, grasp other items with hands, for either extended periods of time or many times throughout the workday.
Must be able to work overtime to the extent necessary.
Location: Picture Hills
Organization: Bank Midwest
Requisition Number: 17-0336
Title: Part Time Teller
City: Kansas City
Post Date: 7/17/2017