Advantage Solutions Fulfillment Coordinator in Kansas City, Missouri
The Fulfillment Coordinator is responsible to process orders, communicate timelines, shipping mechanisms and tracking information back to requestor as well as others in the field using a variety of resources such as ASMC or other Share point portals. They will act as a direct liaison between the field/Field Operations and 3rd party or internal warehouse to ensure all necessary tools and materials needed to properly execute promotions and demos are handled in a timely and efficient manner. The position requires they interface with multiple internal departments, outside fulfillment warehouses and 3rd party vendors. They are required to coordinate all appropriate communications and seek approvals as needed to achieve necessary results.
Advantage Sales and Marketing LLC dba Advantage Solutions is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Advantage Sales and Marketing LLC dba Advantage Solutions is one of North America’s leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. Advantage Solutions services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Fulfillment and Shipment Coordination
• Manage all inbound requests from the field for cart replacement, parts, new hire kits, supplies and office supplies for the Field Management teams.
• Serve as first point of contact for all inbound/outbound shipping orders for Program Operations and Client Services as needed. Ensure use of proper forms and effectively communicate timelines needed to properly manage the selection and shipment of assets, materials, supplies and premiums to events.
• Manage and monitor fulfillment and supply requests for both program launches and ongoing terminations. Manage all other fulfillment requests as needed from field operations
• Responsible to monitor inventory levels at either 3rd party facilities or company warehouse to ensure proper and cost- effective replenishment. Work to establish thresholds to create replenishment orders to avoid out of stock or delayed supply issues.
• Work with Program Operations and Field Management to understand program needs, timelines and budget constraints/limits. •
• Resolve on-demand orders, exceptions, stop-shipments, expedited requests, and delivery methodology changes directly with warehouse, Fed Ex, and our fulfillment partners.
• Support the monitoring of on-hand inventory at multiple warehouse locations, research and resolve inventory inconsistencies, and work closely with sourcing and operations planning as needed
- Communication and management of vendor relationships
• Work as a liaison with 3rd party vendors and warehouse to ensure correct communication flow
• Manage vendor relationships as needed to ensure they are providing services that meet our internal needs and allow for team to deliver against our internal service level agreements
• Help to resolve daily order issues, back order resolution, expediting requests, order modifications, order cancellations, etc;
• Communicate updates and process changes to the field via company newsletters or other communication vehicles as needed.
• Handle project oriented responsibilities and on-going process improvement initiatives
- Record keeping and financial reconciliation
• Ensure proper invoicing for services from 3rd part vendors related to kitting, fulfillment and shipping
• Submit all proper back up and create invoices for internal clients using warehouse/inventory or fulfillment services
• Follow established company policy in the processing of all vendor invoices in a timely manner
- This position does not have supervisory responsibilities for direct reports
- This position does not have guidance or mentoring responsibilities for indirect reports
Travel and/or Driving Requirements
- Travel and Driving are not essential duties or functions of this job
Minimum Qualifications Minimum Qualifications The following are the minimum job-related qualifications which an individual needs in order to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job
Education Level: (Required): Associate's Degree or equivalent experience
Field of Study/Area of Experience: training in business, supply chain, marketing, customer service or sales function.
• 2-4 years of experience in relevant environment or industry. Background in hands-on materials, inventory, fulfillment, logistics or production planning experience helpful.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
• Must have exceptional people skills and a customer service mentality
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal with the ability to effectively communicate to both vendors and associates at varied levels
• Excellent time management skills. Effective time management skills with the ability to multi-task across several projects running consecutively
• High attention to detail with the ability to apply an analytical approach to problem solving
Computer literate (MS Word, PowerPoint) with fluent, hands-on experience with Microsoft Excel.
Environmental & Physical Requirements
Office / Non-Sedentary Requirements
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work may be performed in an office or warehouse environment. Typically requires the ability to spend 66%+ hours each work day doing the following activities: stand for extended periods of time, walk, bend, stoop, or climb. May have possible exposure to dust, and may require the ability to lift and/or push up to 50 pounds 33% - 66% of the time. A detailed Environmental and Physical Requirements document is available in the Total Rewards department.
Additional Information Regarding ASM Job Duties and Job Descriptions
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one’s supervisor or other manager related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. ASM reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. ASM shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Any estimate, schedule, or guideline provided to associates in this job description or elsewhere in connection with their jobs is only intended to help describe job duties and for planning purposes. Regardless of any such estimate, schedule, or guideline, associates must always record all time worked for our company (which includes but is not limited to on-site work time in an assigned store, office, or other work location; required waiting time; administrative time; and work-related travel time).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of associates so classified.
Are you passionate about Service Excellence, Results, Integrity, Entrepreneurial Focus and Leadership: These are our values at Advantage Solutions: Come learn why “Winning Together” is more than just words on a piece of paper. It is the vision by which we live our mission as an organization: "To create outstanding value for clients and customers through superior sales execution, operational excellence and innovative marketing services."
Advantage Solutions is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment practices without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, or any other category protected by law. As part of this commitment, Advantage Solutions shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable an applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Advantage Solutions will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box) Ordinance. All of our positions require the satisfactory completion of a background check. Please be aware that acknowledging or having criminal convictions does not constitute an automatic bar to employment. Factors including, but not limited to age and time of the offense, seriousness and nature of the violation, and rehabilitation will be taken into account.
Job Locations US-MO-Kansas City
Position Type Full Time
Postal Code 64095
Requisition ID 2017-127086
Category Professional: (IT, Finance, Legal, HR, Talent Acquisition, Administrative, Customer Service)