Honeywell Electrical Engineer III in Kansas City, Missouri
Electrical Engineer III
Innovate to solve the world's most important challenges
Test Equipment Quality Engineers are responsible for developing equipment validation plans, and executing plans to ensure successful tester operation prior to release on the production floor. Performs routine to moderately complex engineering and quality control functions. Analyzes designs and specifications to achieve efficient, cost effective and reliable quality processes, applying mathematical, physical science, and statistical technologies. Leads teams to provide input for the development, manufacture and acceptance of test equipment.
Summary of Duties:
- Participates or leads teams to provide quality input for the development, manufacture, procurement, and acceptance of a variety of test equipment solutions
- Provides technical assistance to test equipment teams prior to tester release
- Develops and monitors quality metrics, levels, and trends with respect to test equipment
- Analyzes and makes recommendations regarding tester validation discrepancies
- Evaluates opportunities for defect prevention and implements specific and preventative corrective actions with respect to test equipment
- Develops test procedures and performs evaluation tests, capability studies, quality audits, data reviews, and other engineering evaluations utilizing Six Sigma methodology
- Interacts with customers, designers, and others to assist in resolving design, development, and qualification issues
- Provides technical consultation to management and others, and leads technical project teams
- Conducts activities in a safe and healthy manner and works in accordance with established ES&H requirements to ensure the protection of associates, the public, and the environment. Takes actions necessary to stop work when an unsafe condition or action is identified. Every associate has the right and responsibility to stop work when unsafe conditions or actions are identified
Travel required up to 10%
20 Understand, improve and edit technical documents
20 Trace Requirements
20 Ensure project and product compliance
20 Propose technical improvements
20 Suggest enhancements to advance projects
You Must Have:
- U.S. citizenship in order to obtain and maintain US Department of Energy Q-level security clearance
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Manufacturing, Industrial, Physics, or Aerospace Engineering from an ABET accredited institution/ program is required
- Experience in quality, manufacturing, testing, or process engineering
- US Department of Energy Q-level security clearance
- Two or more years of experience as a Test Equipment, Manufacturing or Quality Engineer is a plus
- Ability to analyze engineering drawings and specifications to develop effective evaluation processes
- Experience using statistical tools and data analysis to make decisions is a plus
- Ability to lead quality projects
- Familiarity with Six Sigma tools and methodology; Six Sigma certification preferred
- Effective verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and to influence others to accomplish complex tasks and solve complex technical problems
- Ability and willingness to drive change and challenge / improve existing processes
- Demonstrated project management/leadership skills; ability to evaluate situations, determine corrective measures, plan and lead other employees to execute plans to meet customer deliverables
Due to US export control laws, must be a US citizen, permanent resident or have protected status.Exempt Careers at Honeywell - Engineering
- Some Travel Required
- Continued Professional Development
- 1st Shift
- Job ID: req118116
- Category: Engineering
- Location: 14520 Botts Road, Kansas City, MO 64147 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.