Sprint Applications Developer III - Pinsight Media in KANSAS CITY, Missouri
Leads the development of cost-effective information technology solutions by creating new, and modifying existing, software applications. Analyzes complex systems requirements, existing business processes, and information systems. Codes, tests, and debugs documents, and implements software applications. Undertakes complex projects requiring additional specialized technical knowledge. Coordinates with users to determine requirements that are more complex.
Heard of 1Weather, TweetCaster, or BaconReader for Reddit? Those are just a few of the apps we developed under our OneLouder brand. We are seeking talented Android developers that are passionate about the mobile experience and have a unique drive to develop apps that are both fun and intuitive.
This position will focus on creating new apps for Android and enhancing existing apps. You will work with a team of other skilled engineers that develop for Android, iOS, mobile web, and server platforms. Successful candidates will be highly motivated and self-driven. They will also have a strong desire to learn new technologies and be willing to go "all in" to achieve project and company goals.
- Design, development, and support of Android applications. Test on the latest Android devices.
- Some apps must be developed according to UI/UX specifications that follow emerging design trends. Other apps will have more design flexibility allowing for creative license.
- Design and develop all aspects of Android applications, including unit and integrated tests.
- End-to-end testing of the applications, integrating with web services.
Utilize agile development methodology.
BS Computer Science, related field of study, or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years experience with Java.
- 2+ years experience with mobile application development on Android devices.
- Experience with web services (e.g. REST, JSON, XML).
- Proficient with the Android SDK.
- Experience with Android Studio.
- Familiar with object-oriented design and design patterns.
- Experience with MacOS, Linux, or UNIX.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Bachelor's degree and four years related work experience or eight years related work experience post high school
- Three years systems development experience
- Three years coding experience
- Three years software application experience
- Source code control (e.g., SVN or GIT)
- Relational database
- Agile experience such as the Scrum methodology
- Server side development skills
Pinsight Media is a mobile data analytics company, a wholly owned subsidiary of Sprint. Our mission is to help connect brands with their mobile audience through analytics, advertising and commerce. Across all our product lines, we let mobile data tell its story, solve problems and ultimately boost revenue. We make mobile data matter. If you want to be a part of this forward-looking business opportunity, Pinsight Media is where you need to be.
At Pinsight, we harness the power of mobile insights to help brands discover new audiences, reveal new market opportunities, and engage consumers in ways that matter. It all starts with our people. We live by a set of cultural imperatives, challenging one another to think exponentially and make every day count.
Sprint is a background screening, drug screening, and E-Verify participating employer and considers qualified candidates with criminal histories consistent with applicable law. EOE .
Sprint is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has been recognized for its commitment to diversity and creating an inclusive workplace where all employees’ backgrounds, talents and contributions are valued. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, nation origin, disability or protected veteran status. Sprint is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Protected Veterans
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled protected veteran and need an accommodation or accessibility assistance to apply for one of our positions, you may submit a request by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by faxing your request to 913-523-9980 .
“Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws” Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Poster ; Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Poster ; Supplemental Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) is the Law Poster ; Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) Poster ; Pay Transparency Notice Poster ; and the Philadelphia’s Fair Change Hiring Law Poster .