Federal Reserve Bank Administrative Assistant in Kansas City, Missouri
Technology Business Support (TBS), a support function for the expanding Information Technology Division, is hiring for an administrative assistant with a desire to provide top-notch administrative support for the Division. Provide advanced administrative support to officer and manager level staff including, but not limited to, maintaining calendars; monitoring deadlines and appointments; making travel arrangements; preparing, revising, and developing documents; handling department purchasing and completing basic projects of average to moderate complexity and priority. The ideal candidate must be detail oriented, strong customer service skills and excellent organizational skills.
• Maintain and/or monitor electronic and/or paper calendar(s), e-mails, deadlines, and appointments for management.
• Make travel arrangements for management, other department staff, and guests, to include arranging hotel accommodations, car rental, airline reservations, and/or other transportation, and filing the appropriate paperwork, such as travel statements.
• Serve as host for meetings including, but not limited to, arranging conference room reservations, hotel reservations, transportation assistance, dining requests, and providing assistance during meetings.
• Respond to telephone inquiries for management when appropriate or refer calls to the appropriate staff or management member. Perform administrative duties for department management and staff, and provide positive point-of-contact for guests.
• Prepare, and revise as needed, letters, memoranda, and reports.
• Serve as a resource for the division by proofreading documents for proper Bank style, grammar, punctuation, spelling, formatting, and by recommending related improvements to written communications.
• Develop basic analytical reports and complete projects of average to moderate complexity and priority.
• Update and/or maintain information sharing websites, such as SharePoint.
•Organize and maintain files of department correspondence and documents, and be responsible for adhering to document management and record retention guidelines.
• Provide back-up support for other administrative assistants in the division.
•Assist with new and current employee needs, including workspace location moves and technology access requests.
• Completes other unique, department-specific duties as assigned. This role will also provide backup support for management, including, but not limited to phone coverage, calendar management; and completing other basic analytical projects.
• Ability to learn internal tools and applications to perform job.
• One to three years of administrative assistant experience.
• High school diploma or GED.
• Basic project management and analytical skills preferred.
• Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, various internet applications, and email applications.
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Strong time management skills.
• Ability to multitask.
• High standards of confidentiality due to possible access to sensitive information.
• Independently manages workload and tasks preferred.
/The Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City is an equal opportunity employer. As such, the Bank recruits, hires, trains, and promotes individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability and/or sexual orientation./
Organization: *Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City
Title: Administrative Assistant
Location: MO-Kansas City
Requisition ID: 251172