GlaxoSmithKline Technical Writer in Jefferson City, Missouri
Open date:Jul 17, 2017 6:05 PM
Experience required:2 years
Email a friend
Basic qualifications:• High School Diploma or equivalent
• 2 years related experience
• Demonstrated writing skills and technical understanding
• Experience using Microsoft Office
Preferred qualifications:• Bachelor’s Degree in English, Technical Writing or equivalent
• Competent in use of templates and forms
• Strong skills in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Office, and Powerpoint
• Good understanding of GMP documentation practices
• Ability to understand technical processes and communicate those to others
• Ability to train/coach others without use of authority
• Strong command of the English language, including proper use of spelling, grammar, and typical technical writing standards.
Details:The intent of the Operations Technical Writer is to support the development of all technical documentation for Operations including the User Requirment Specifications, SOPs, and Batch Records.
• Ensure quality and compliance in accordance with established procedures and standards of the Quality System.
• Comply with and support the GSK Environmental, Health and Safety policies and procedures.
• Create User Requirement Specifications in accordance with Site SOP’s and cGMP’s.
• Create and Update of Standard Operation Procedures in consultation with Subject Matter Experts
• Create and update batch records and department forms
• Stream-line batch documentation and Standard Operation Procedures within the Manufacturing department using lean methodologies.
• Participate in Root Cause Analysis and creation of Corrective and Preventative Actions, particularly as it relates to batch documentation and SOP’s.
• Comply with all operational safety, process safety, environmental permits, Quality policies, procedures and training requirements.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ AgenciesGSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK’s compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK’s Transparency ReportingFor the Recordsite.