St. Mary's Good Samaritan Switchboard Operator in Jefferson City, Missouri
This position is responsible for the efficient, timely operation of the incoming, outgoing and paging phone traffic for the hospital, clinics and physician office building using and maintaining the Bridge Switchboard PC's and Monitors. Overhead paging, Net Paging working with Telecommunications for updates in location and notification, and Ascom phone notifications using the network that is built and maintained by staff, are used to announce the Plain Language Codes for the hospital. The Emergency Incident Command Center is built and maintained and utilized by the switchboard staff working closely with Missouri Hospital Association. Staff order supplies for the department, inventory and trend process and financials, and report Suggestions/Comment Cards, OFI's and Occurrences appropriately. The team reports directly to Security and Plant Operations Director. Monitors the HUGS Security System. This department works as a support to the Guest Services Desk.
- Ability to address and report Occurrences and OFI's relating to Guest Services/Switchboard. Coordinate with Security, House Administrators and AC on call to resolve immediate complaints and emergent issues.
- Page Health Center personnel and physicians adhering to the Health Center paging policy. Keep a log of all pages requested/completed, including time of page. If Health Center pagers require replacement or there are new pager requests, contacts the paging vendor and replaces or adds any new pagers needed.
- Coordinates updating and maintenance of directories and physician contact information at St. Mary's Jefferson City and for employees who also work at St. Mary's Audrain.
- Announces Plain Language Code situations within the hospital as they arise and follow protocols for notification of key personnel. Provides rapid, top priority responses to emergency paging requests. Logs and records statistics on department goals graphs sending variances to leadership.
- Monitor fire detection system, medical gas alarms, weather alert system, and follows established protocols when alarms sound. Communicates with guard via wireless phone/radio regarding security issues identified by the operator or other Health Center personnel. Monitors the HUGS system.
- Accurately prepare a list of on-call staff and physicians for each day, distribute this list via fax as needed at St. Mary's and Audrain. Reports paging concerns to House Administrator, AC on call or VPMA when needed.
- Assists supervisor/leadership with special projects.
- When the opportunity presents itself, function as a peer interviewer, a preceptor/mentor for new employees. Assist with training new employees on job functions. Provides educational opportunities for new process instruction for new hospital for all staff.
- Super user for Ascom phones and switchboard communication system.
SSM Health implemented a new minimum wage of $11 per hour throughout its four-state system. This job is one impacted by this increase. Learn more here
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Certification in CPI or completion within one year of hire.
- Ability to interact effectively with a wide variety of people from various socioeconomic backgrounds. Effective communication skills, both verbal and written. Must speak clearly, distinctly, and with normal volume. Ability to operate a personal computer.
- Ability to function effectively in stressful situations and be flexible in prioritizing tasks.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions and established procedures.
SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital – Jefferson City –
SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Jefferson City is a 167-bed, full-service community hospital located in Missouri's state capital. The hospital moved to a new, state-of-the-art building in November 2014. The hospital features a dedicated inpatient pediatric unit, a Wound Center and Outpatient Treatment Center. Other services offered at the hospital include emergency services, cardiology, orthopedic care, cancer care, outpatient surgical services, maternity care and women's health.
Organization: SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital – Jefferson City
Primary Location: Missouri-Jefferson City-SSM Health St.Mary’s Hospital – Jefferson City
Job: Support Services
Shift: Day Job
Req ID: 17009479