SSM Health Mental Health Technician in Jefferson City, Missouri
Responsible for the provision of patient care activities and related non-professional services necessary for the care of the patients and the maintenance of the nursing unit under the direction of a licensed nurse including providing personal care, taking vital signs, and documenting, performing clerical duties, reception duties, requisitioning of supplies, and other duties as directed.
- Demonstrates and maintains knowledge and skills necessary to care for the patient group of Adult and Geriatric.
- Takes vital signs, assists patients with activities and transports patients as required.
- Reports observation regarding patient needs to the nurse.
- Documents patient care activities: 1. In a legible manner; 2. According to form guidelines; 3. Using appropriate forms; 4. Content reflects patient condition; 5. 15 minute checks.
- Supports and maintains patient rights.
- Displays a supportive and caring attitude with patients.
- Confronts, redirects or consequences patients in a nonreactive, nonjudgmental manner.
- Provides activities within the guidelines of the patient’s treatment plan.
- Establishes and maintains therapeutic relationships with patients.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Current Missouri CNA license or have completed Fundamentals of Nursing or EMT.
- Ability to lift and ambulate patient.
- Knowledge of and / or sincere interest in hospital work and patient care.
- Willingness and ability to complete SMHC Mental Health Technician / Clerical Associate Orientation.
- Ability and willingness to rotate shifts and adjust to necessary schedule changes.
- Ability to work under emotional and physical stress.
About SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital – Jefferson City
SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Jefferson City is a 167-bed, full-service community hospital located in Missouri's state capital. The hospital moved to a new, state-of-the-art building in November 2014. The hospital features a dedicated inpatient pediatric unit, a Wound Center and Outpatient Treatment Center. Other services offered at the hospital include emergency services, cardiology, orthopedic care, cancer care, outpatient surgical services, maternity care and women's health.
Req ID: 17013499
Primary Location: Missouri-Jefferson City-SSM Health St.Mary’s Hospital – Jefferson City
Schedule: Full Time, Nights
Shift: Night Job
Schedule Hours Per Pay Period: 11p-7a 7p-7a
Weekend Rotation: yes
Normal work hours: 72
Job: Behavioral Health
Organization: SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital – Jefferson City
Posting: Oct 11, 2017, 4:29:30 PM-Ongoing