Universal Forest Products Safety Manager in Harrisonville, Missouri
- 2 years in Safety and or CI experience
- Strong organization skills and detail oriented
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to successfully communicate with all organizational levels
- Ability to build peer, subordinate, and other level relationships within the organization.
- Working knowledge of DOT and OSHA requirements as appropriate.
- Effective computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Must be mobile in the work environment and travel as required
- Proficiency in the use of the English language in reading, writing and speaking
- Ability to pass a drug test
- One-year working knowledge of woodworking operations.
- Bi-lingual in Spanish and English
- 1-3 years Supervisory/Management experience.
- Certified Safety Professional (or ability to obtain).
- Knowledge of recognized Management Systems (i.e., OHSAS 18001).
- Minimum one to three years of experience in lean manufacturing environment
Working knowledge on 5s, Standardized Work Flow, Value Stream Mapping, and Visual Environment/Factory.
Develop, implement, and champion proactive Safety Management System programs in order to achieve stated objectives.
- Coordinate and conduct compliance activities and inspections/audits to ensure compliance with internal and external safety requirements; and perform necessary follow up.
- Deploy and utilize RCA techniques to identify root causes and implement improvement plans.
- Develop, deploy, and assess Safety training programs to ensure safety knowledge and skill competencies are effectively achieved.
- Facilitate communication with facility management, work force, contractors, and local regulators.
- Produce regular summary reports and analysis on safety metrics and accompanying improvement plans.
- They are also responsible for the implementation and coordination of the site's CI initiative.
- Establish and build plant's Continuous Improvement Team
- Coordinate the activities of the site lean initiative while working with the Continuous Improvement Team on some or all of the stated duties.
- Develop, prioritize, and implement solutions to reduce waste and improve performance.
- Teach, coach, mentor all levels of employees in Continuous Improvement and manufacturing principles while promoting a Continuous Improvement culture.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled