Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Title: Engineering Scientist- Product Service Biomedical
3M Food Safety is looking for Product Service Biomedical Engineer in Columbia, MO.
This Product Service Biomedical Engineer will support Food Safety Department products manufactured at 3M in Columbia, MO . The Food Safety products in Columbia are components of the 3M Molecular Detection System. This product line includes assay kits and hardware for pathogen detection. The 3M Molecular Detection System is powered by an innovative combination of unique technologies — Isothermal DNA Amplification and Bioluminescence detection — to provide a pathogen detection solution that is fast, accurate, easy-to-use and affordable
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Manufacturing of Molecular Chemisties
* Leading and/or supporting product testing to both verify & validate design intent of products.
* Support the scale up & validation of product changes with primary role of maintaining product integrity & design.
* Lead quality investigations. Engineer may be involved with gathering customer input on design changes due to quality or general product improvements & ultimately is responsible for maintaining the design intent of products.
* Lead product performance testing. This will include establishing molecular biology testing lab.
* Implementation of testing procedures that have been developed by 3M labs. Test procedures use molecular biology methods.
* Establish molecular biology workflow procedures.
* Analyze performance test data and release product based on results.
* Establish and monitor Environmental Contamination Systems.
* In depth product understanding.
* Raw Material Formulation qualification for molecular reagents on incoming lots.
* Leading the analysis, trouble shooting, non-conforming product test and disposition. Primary responsibility for change management as it relates to design changes driven by quality improvement, source of supply changes, or cost reduction efforts.
* Work with a cross functional team that includes manufacturing, technical service and quality/regulatory engineers.
* Support and/or lead efforts on design requirements specifications, life cycle management, risk management, product and process improvements, and other product documentation efforts.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Bachelor's degree in Biochemistry, Microbiology, Molecular Biology, Biomedical Engineering, Chemical Engineering with Biology focus or related fields (biological sciences) from an accredited University is required
Minimum of three years experience in a laboratory, quality and/or manufacturing function
Experience working with molecular biology techniques and applications
Strongly Preferred Qualifications:
5 years experience working with molecular biology techniques and applications.
Masters degree in biological sciences is preferred
Minimum of five (5) years of biological science experience is preferred
Minimum of one (1) of Lean manufacturing experience is preferred
Demonstrated experience to analyze problems, diagnose root cause, and apply corrective actions
Familiarity with FDA QSR requirements
Demonstrated organization and communication skills, written and oral
Ability to multi-task and detail oriented
3M Food Safety Department, part of 3M Health Care Business (HCB) is the leading global manufacturer of innovative solutions that help the food industry optimize the quality and safety of their products to enable consumer protection. At every step, 3M provides products that help mitigate risk, improve operational efficiencies and impact the bottom line. The 3M Food Safety Department is an exciting growth business, with an excellent brand and quality reputation.
To learn more about 3M Food Safety, please visit: