Centene Corporation Project Manager I in Clayton, Missouri
Position Purpose: Plans, organizes, monitors, and oversees projects utilizing cross functional teams to deliver defined requirements and meet company strategic objectives.
- Support the full project life cycle including requirements gathering, creation of project plans and schedules, obtaining and managing resources, managing budget, and facilitating project execution, deployment and closure.
- Utilize corporate and industry standard project management tools and techniques to effectively oversee projects.
- Assist with establishment and maintenance of corporate project management methodology and other department procedures.
- Maintain detailed project documentation including meeting minutes, action items, issues lists and risk management plans.
- Effectively communicate project status to all stakeholders.
- Negotiate with project stakeholders to identify resources, resolve issues, and mitigate risks.
- Coordinate cross-functional meetings with various functional areas to meet overall stakeholder expectations and company's objectives.
- Provide functional and technical knowledge across multiple business and technical areas.
- Monitor the creation of all project deliverables to ensure adherence to quality standards including design documents, test plans, training materials, and operations documentation.
Education/Experience: Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience. 0-2 years of project management experience. Experience working with and leading diverse groups and matrix managed environments. Proficient with project management tools, MS-Project or other project management software, and MS-Office applications. Healthcare experience preferred.
Preferred: Experience with vendor relations, familiarity with contracts.
Centene is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Job: Project Management
Organization: G&A-Program Strategy/Execution
Requisition ID: 1061613
Other Locations: USA-California-Rancho Cordova