Belcan Statistical Scientist in Chesterfield, Missouri
Job Number: 220010
Description: A Statistical Scientist job in St. Louis, MO is currently available through Belcan at one of our key Agribusiness clients. To be considered for this role, you should have a PhD or MS in Statistics or Biostatistics with at least two years of statistical consulting experience. The Statistical Scientist job will be part of the Ag Productivity Innovations Statistics Team and will interact collaboratively with domain scientists across various disciplines to design and analyze experiments and consult on statistical principles primarily in the domain of chemistry. In this role, you will have the opportunity to revolutionize the way the team works through the development and deployment of new and existing technologies for statistical programming and automation of statistical analysis and reporting. You should be energetic and motivated; fully engaged in the modernizations of statistics, statistical computing, and its association with data science as a whole.
Statistical Scientist Job Duties:
• Support the statistical needs of API scientists through one-on-one statistical consultation.
• Collaborate effectively with multi-disciplinary teams to ensure appropriate scientifically-rigorous experimental designs and statistical methods are implemented.
• Proactively identify and help solve problems related to design of experiments and statistical analyses in API using traditional and/or non-traditional statistical methodologies.
• Conduct statistical analyses and summarize results in report form.
• PhD or MS in Statistics or Biostatistics
• At least two years of statistical consulting experience.
• Experience with experimental designs and statistical models used for the analysis of environmental, agricultural, and/or industrial data for both continuous and categorical endpoints.
• Experience with linear and generalized mixed models.
• Ability to solve problems using non-conventional statistical techniques.
• Proficiency in R programming.
• Proficiency in SAS, including PROC MIXED and/or GLIMMIX.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to communicate complex quantitative analyses in a clear, precise, and actionable manner.
• A solid understanding of the scientific method and the ability to help others use appropriate methodology to produce accurate and repeatable results.
• Degree or coursework in an IT-related field (e.g., computer science).
• Degree or coursework in an agricultural, biological, or chemistry-related field (e.g., agronomy, biology, chemistry, chemical engineering).
• Experience with creating apps in R-Shiny.
• Experience with version-control programs like Git and Domino.
• Experience with database programming (e.g., SQL).
Requirements: Belcan is a leading provider of qualified personnel to many of the world's most respected enterprises. We offer excellent opportunities for contract/temporary, temp-to-hire, and direct assignments in the technical, IT, professional, clerical, and light industrial fields. We are the employer of choice for thousands worldwide. Our overriding goal is to provide quality staffing solutions that help people, organizations, and communities succeed. Belcan is a team-driven Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. For more information, please visit our website athttp://www.belcan.com.
Location: Chesterfield , MO
Minimum Experience (yrs):
Required Education: Not Specified
Return to search results Email this job to a friend
If you have previously registered with us, pleaseLog into apply for this position.
*Logged in members may also add jobs to their job cart