Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
RN - Senior Transitions Unit
Job Category: Hospital - Professional
Location: MO-Branson HOSPITAL
Department: 7400 SENIOR TRANSITIONS UNIT
Availability: Part time 24
Shifts Needed: Days, Nights
SUMMARY: The Registered Nurse executes comprehensive nursing care activities and provides psychiatric nursing staff leadership. He/she assesses patient needs, plans and implements patient care activities and evaluates the patient's response to treatment. He/she manages/acts within the therapeutic milieu and directs the delivery of nursing care by other members of the nursing treatment team. He/she will supervise licensed practical/vocational nurses and mental health technicians.
LPNs, Mental Health Technicians / Certified Nurses Aides and other registered nurses when performing the tasks of charge nurse.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
· Associate's degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school.
· Graduate of an accredited program preparing the practitioner for licensure as aregistered nurse.
· Licensed and currently registered to practice nursing in the state.
· A minimum of one year’s experience in psychiatric nursing preferred.
License(s), Certification(s), Registration(s), Accreditation(s):
· Registered Nursing license in the state ofMissouri
· BLS Certificate
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Has satisfactorily completed the competency requirements for the hospital and for the unit including State requirements as a clinically privileged nurse competent in voluntary and involuntary behavioral intervention.
· Knowledge, technique and communication skills for the care and treatment of mental illness in geriatric patients.
· Ability to communicate effectively.
· Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or schedule form.
· Ability to write reports.
· Ability to learn and adapt.
· Ability to direct others.
· Knowledge of Word Processing software and other specialized software for healthcare industry.
· Skilled in operation of tools, equipment, and materials listed below.
· Must comply with all Star Care Standards
· Prompt and regular attendance according to policy
· Comply with dress code and appearance standards.
· Interact with patients, customers, the general public, management, and team members in a professional, courteous, and tactful manner.
· Work with integrity, uphold Skaggs’ mission, values, and maintain confidentiality in all situations.
· Follow safety & security policies & procedures, immediately report suspicious activities and unsafe conditions. Use equipment, tools & materials properly; use and/or wear appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE).
· Participate in all mandatory job training and meetings as directed which may include overnight travel and extended stays as applicable.
· Adhere to requirements, policies and procedures outlined in the Employee Handbook and/or other Hospital/Clinic practices.
· Maintains satisfactory relations with other departments and nursing units.
· Maintains acceptable standards of patient care.
· General office equipment
· Diagnostic testing equipment
· Various types of medical instruments & equipment.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand and walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and speak and hear. The employee is frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
· The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
· The employee is frequently exposed to blood borne pathogens, body fluids, contagious diseases, blood, and bio-hazard materials, andoccasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of radiation.